Holes should not be drilled in your apartment without our prior written consent, nor should any nails, hooks, or screws be used on any floors, doors, windows, tub, shower, appliances, or fixtures in the apartment.
You are permitted to paint the walls in your apartment, but you must first submit a request in writing along with a paint card sample. Prior to move out, you must paint the walls back to its original color, which is Duron, Shell White (semi gloss for the bathrooms, kitchen, and window sills).
Please refrain from hanging signs, advertisements, or notices on the outside or inside of any apartment or building.
Locks on the doors leading to the apartment should not be altered without our consent. We must have a key to every lock at all times, and every lock must be compatible with the master key system for the building.
Please do not use the balcony, patio, or terrace of your apartment to store personal property.
Additionally, no towels, rags, rugs, laundry, or other items should be hung from any balcony or terrace, nor should anything be thrown or dropped from the windows, balcony or terrace.
Please refrain from cooking or barbecuing on a porch, patio, or balcony.
Common areas, sidewalks, entrances, lobbies, hallways, elevators, or stairways of the community should not be used for any purpose other than entry and exit. Please do not place or store furniture, equipment, or personal articles in any common areas for any period of time. We may remove any such items at any time, at your expense, including any storage costs.
Controlled access is maintained by each resident using a key to enter their building.
Visitors will reach you by pressing the button with your apartment # at your building's entrance at which time they will be connected to you via your kitchen intercom. You can then buzz them in.
All equipment located in your apartment or community should be used in a reasonable and careful manner. Equipment includes such things as toilets, sinks, electrical, plumbing, heating, ventilating, air conditioning, building access system, elevators, appliances, or other facilities. If you or your family, guests, or visitors use any equipment in a manner that causes damage to the equipment, you could be held responsible for the costs of repairing or replacing it.
If your community has a pool, you must pay any required fees prior to usage. For your safety, please obey all pool rules and regulations.
Games, sports, and other recreational activities are permitted only in designated areas. All rules and regulations must be obeyed including the days and hours that recreational facilities may be used.
We may at any time discontinue any recreational services or close down facilities either temporarily or permanently.
Your heating and air conditioning system has been designed for energy efficiency. The maximum heating temperature is 72 degrees. The following suggestions should be followed for maximum comfort and economy:
- Turn on exhaust fan in kitchen when cooking.
- Turn on bathroom exhaust fan when bathing.
- Turn on bathroom exhaust fan whenever the dryer is in use to avoid a build up of condensation. If possible, leave bathroom door open.
- Shield out the hot sun rays by closing drapes and blinds.
- Keep filter clean.
- When apartment is vacant, leave air conditioner set at 80 and move it to 76 or 78 when you return.
- Do not set thermostat any lower than 15 degrees below outside temperature (75 to 78 is satisfactory).
- Do not block off cold air returns with furniture or drapes. If drapes cover the return, pin them up so they clear the vent.
- Do not close off cooling vents in thermostat area.
- Do not place lamps or TV sets under thermostat. Heat from these appliances will effect the thermostat.
- Do not leave fan on continuous operation. Leave control on automatic operation.
- Do not move thermostat setting back and forth.
Items which weigh more than we determine is reasonable for the floor loading of the apartment are not permitted. You must check with us before bringing heavy items (i.e., waterbeds, safes, etc.) into the apartment.
To obtain a key fob for the fitness center and business center, you will need to complete an application at the leasing office. Each leaseholder and occupant over the age of 18 is entitled to a key fob. Please do not share or lend your key fob to anyone. Entry to this building is recorded on your key fob and by video surveillance.
Key fob applications take approximately three days to process. Your key fob cannot be delivered to your apartment so please plan on picking up your key fob during business hours. Please call prior to picking up your key fob.
In the event of a lockout during normal business hours, you may go to the leasing office to borrow additional keys. During non-business hours, you must call (410) 263-4787. A Maintenance Technician will then be dispatched to your apartment to assist you. There is a fee of $35 for after-hours lockout service. The $35 must be in check or money order and made out to Home Properties.
Mailboxes are located inside the entrance to each building. They are labeled with your apartment number only. Please feel free to add your name on your mailbox if you would like. Mail to be picked up should be placed in the mailbox located at the corner of Tallwood & Eaglewood Road. You can also leave a note on the front of your mailbox letting the mailman know you have mail to be picked up in your box.
Our office will be happy to accept any FedEx, DHL, or United Postal Service packages for you. Our office will not accept UPS packages due to liability. Due to our limited office space, please pick up your packages as soon as possible.
Please keep in mind we may remove any vehicle at the owner’s expense if it appears abandoned, inoperable, does not display an inspection sticker and/or license plates, or the inspection and/or registration is expired.
We apologize, but due to local water restrictions and hazardous substance ordinances, we cannot allow residents or their guests to work on their vehicles in the community parking areas. Car washing is not permitted either.
All residents, their family, and guests should conduct themselves in a manner that will not disturb their neighbors or community staff. Noise, odors, or any other actions that cause a disturbance are not permitted. Please do not interfere with the rights, comforts, or convenience of other residents or community staff.
Remember you are responsible for the conduct of your family, friends, guests, and anyone you invite into the community.
From time to time, noise issues may occur. We ask that you please put your complaint in writing and our office will be happy to address your concerns with your neighbors. Never approach your neighbors with your complaint as this only creates a hostile living environment for everyone. If you have a problem after hours, please contact the Annapolis City Police Department at (410) 268-9000.
Annapolis Roads has regular pest control to take care of any of your concerns. Moran's Pest Control comes every Thursday to address any issues in the community. If you have a pest control concern, please contact the leasing office to have your apartment serviced.
Cats & dogs are welcome at your community. A Pet Agreement is required for all pets and additional fees apply. Any violation of pet rules and regulations can result in charges to your account, loss of pet privileges, or eviction. See restrictions below.
Number of Pets
Pet Friendly Areas
Pets may be restricted to certain buildings and/or floor levels within the community.
Service Animals or Assistance Animals for Disabled
Service animals or other assistance animals for disabled residents will always be permitted with verification that the resident qualifies as disabled and requires the animal in order to have equal opportunity to use and enjoy the apartment and community. A Pet Addendum will be required; however, all fees, deposits, and renters’ insurance requirements specific to the animal will be waived. Rules and regulations will apply to the animal.
The following dog breeds are not allowed (no full or mix of any of the following):
- Alaskan Malamute
- American Bulldog
- Dogo Argentino
- German Shepherd
- Presa Canario
- Staffordshire Terrier/Pit Bull
or any other breed prohibited by management for life/safety reasons. We may change the restricted breed list after thirty (30) days notice; however, if such change means that your dog will no longer be allowed, then your dog will nonetheless be permitted (grandfathered) until the expiration of your then-current lease term. No “visiting” pets are allowed.
Pet Rules and Regulations
- Pets must be licensed and immunized in accordance with applicable regulations.
- Dogs are not allowed outside the apartment unless on a leash (in accordance with local leash laws) and under your control or under the control of your designated responsible person.
- Cats must be indoors only. Only domestic breeds are allowed.
- Pets must not be left alone, at any time, outside the apartment. Animal control will be called to remove any pets left unattended within the community.
- Dogs may not be tied to any fixed object (such as a tree) anywhere in the community. You may not keep your pet on the balconies or patios unleashed or unattended at any time.
- No pets are allowed in the swimming pool areas, other apartments, laundry rooms, offices, clubrooms, or other recreational facilities, except as required by applicable laws related to service animals or other assistance animals.
- Dogs and cats must be housebroken. Dogs and cats must be spayed or neutered, and no pet offspring are allowed.
- Pets must be walked and curbed only in designated areas. You are responsible for immediate clean-up of pet waste. Pet waste is to be disposed of properly in plastic bags and placed in the dumpsters or other designated dog stations.
- You will not allow any pet to become a nuisance or danger to other residents, which includes, but is not limited to, biting, excessive barking, or whining.
- Upon maintenance requests, dogs must be restricted to an area not affected by the service request.
- You are responsible for any extermination fees incurred as a result of keeping a pet in the apartment.
We may change any of the above Pet Rules and Regulations after thirty (30) days’ notice.
Two recycling dumpsters are available to you to use. You will find them located at the end of Tallwood Road or on the corner of Lake Heron Drive. You will know your at the right dumpster because they are painted a bright yellow. The are single-stream dumpsters so there is no need to separate your items.
Please do not bring anything into your apartment or the community that increases the risk of fire. Things that could cause an increased risk of fire include flammable oils, fluids, propane, benzene, gasoline, kerosene, or other hazardous materials.
Please refrain from cooking or barbecuing on a porch, patio, balcony, or within 15 feet of any building, except as expressly permitted by your community.
Satellite dishes one meter or less in size are permitted upon your signing a Lease Addendum – Satellite Antenna and Dishes.
Home Properties has contracted a company for snow and ice removal operations. Please adhere to the following guidelines related to snow removal:
- All communications regarding snow removal operations should be directed to our Leasing Office (e.g., if plowing or sidewalk clearing has not occurred in your section of the community). If the office is closed due to inclement weather, please leave a voicemail message, as they are monitored and responded to! The Contractor has been instructed to only communicate with Community Managers.
- The Contractor will begin snow removal operations after two (2) inches of snow has accumulated on paved surfaces or at the discretion of the community.
- Parking spaces will be truck bladed to the extent that parked vehicles permit (at least three unoccupied parking spaces in a row) during the original plowing service. Roadways will be plowed curb to curb, or as close to the curb, as the roadway allows.
- The snowplow operators will attempt to push the snow off the roadway in smooth, continuous passes with the blades angled toward the road to not create large drifts of snow in front of parked cars; however, the Contractor is not responsible for removing snow from behind/around cars after the snow removal service. This will inevitably occur each time the truck plows snow from the street, but the Contractor has been cautioned to avoid this as much as possible.
- After the snow has been removed, the Contractor will use rock salt on the drivelanes and parking areas and ice melt for the sidewalks.
- Snow should never be shoveled onto streets, sidewalks, or other parking spaces. The Contractor is not responsible for the removal of snow piled by residents in these areas. When shoveling or blowing snow, please place it onto grass-covered common areas. Visit the Leasing Office to borrow a spare shovel if needed.
- If you are essential personnel or are required to be available for work, please make private arrangements or park on a public or adjacent street.
- Snow removal and ice melt will not be applied to your patio area during winter months by the Contractor of the community. Under the provisions of your lease, it is your responsibility to keep your apartment in a clean, orderly, and safe condition. This includes the patio area. Failure to do so will be at your own risk.
All trash should be placed in plastic bags and disposed of in the appropriate waste containers. Bulk items should never be disposed of outside of waste enclosures or left on community grounds. Please do not place any trash in halls, stairways, balconies, or laundry rooms.